Due to the ongoing situation regarding Covid-19, we have been getting a lot of queries and orders for sanitiser, so here is a quick guide to what sanitiser is, how it works, the variants of sanitisers, what it can be used for and what it can kill.
Sanitiser – what is it?
Sanitiser is a substance or fluid that is designed to be applied to surfaces and appliances in order to clean it by destroying the germs and bacteria present. Aqua Cure distributes two types of sanitising solutions, a hydrogen peroxide based solution, more suited for internal machine cleaning called Aqua Dosa and a biocide based sanitiser powered by Byotrol called Aqua Dosa, powered by Byotrol more suited for surfaces and upkeep of general foodservice areas.
Sanitiser – why do I need it?
Idle workstations can be a breeding ground for Bacteria, this is especially important in sectors such as ours where filtered water is used for human consumption and especially in the current climate. Sanitiser is used to kill bacteria and viruses that are introduced to surfaces both in and on equipment. Foodservice equipment that has been inactive and stagnant for a prolonged period of time can also be susceptible to harmful bacteria growth, which will need to be addressed before the equipment is used again.
Both Byotrol and Hydrogen Peroxide based solutions once applied, have an ongoing, lasting effect on surfaces they come into contact with. This is the main difference between Aqua Dosa sanitiser and an alcohol based alternative. Aqua Dosa can still effectively kill bacteria up to 24 hours after application.
The two types of sanitiser we supply:
Internal – Aqua Dosa, best used for sanitising internal lines and tanks
- Kills bacteria including Legionella, viruses, algae, fungi and fungal spores
- Breaks down to water and oxygen, eliminating toxic products
- No taste or odour
- Removes biofilm
- Quick and easy to apply
- Completely friendly to the environment
- For use in water systems and still water environments
- Approved for use in public water supplies
External – Aqua Dosa Byotrol, best used for sanitising external surfaces of foodservice equipment
- Byotrol combines cationic biocides and hydrophobic polymers which we call an Amphicelle™.
- This Amphicelle™ is optimised to work in both wet and dry conditions.
- Amphicelle™ has large molecular elements that hold together giving a stable and prolonged sanitisation.
- Byotrol technology binds biocides together to create a physical and chemical attack on microorganisms. The unique Amphicelle™ structure harnesses the power of surface tension to tear the bacterial cell structures apart to allow a gap for the biocides to enter and complete the kill.
- The Amphicelle™ structure has the additional benefit of helping the biocides to work when they are dry, extending the antimicrobial effect of Byotrol for up to 6 hours on hands and 24 hours on surfaces.
As lockdown eases sanitisation and hygiene will be paramount to ensure that businesses can re-open fully and safely. We have full kits to help you cleanse, sanitise and keep bacteria and viruses at bay