Due to the current situation regarding Covid-19, we have been getting a lot of queries and orders for sanitiser, so here is a quick guide to what sanitiser is, how it works, what it can be used for and what it can kill.
Sanitiser – what is it?
Sanitiser is a substance or fluid that is designed to be applied to surfaces and appliances in order to clean it by destroying the germs and bacteria present. Aqua Cure distributes two types of sanitising solutions, a hydrogen peroxide based solution for internal cleaning called Aqua Dosa and a biocide based version called Aqua Dosa, powered by Byotrol for external use and upkeep of general foodservice.
Sanitiser – why do I need it?
To kill bacteria that is introduced to surfaces both in and on foodservice equipment as it is being used that could be harmful to humans if ingested. Foodservice equipment that has been left idle for a prolonged period of time can also be susceptible to harmful bacteria growth, which will need to be addressed ideally before the equipment is re-used again.
Both Byotrol and Hydrogen Peroxide based solutions once applied, have an ongoing effect on surfaces they come into contact with. This is the main difference between Aqua Dosa sanitiser and alcohol based variants as Aqua Dosa can still effectively kill bacteria up to 24 hours after application.
Sanitiser is a great way to get lasting hygienic conditions in such places as commercial kitchens and coffee shops.
The two types of sanitiser we supply:
Internal – Aqua Dosa, best used for sanitising internal lines and tanks
- Kills bacteria including Legionella, viruses, algae, fungi and fungal spores
- Breaks down to water and oxygen, eliminating toxic products
- No taste or odour
- Removes biofilm
- Quick and easy to apply
- Completely friendly to the environment
- For use in water systems and still water environments
- Approved for use in public water supplies
External – Aqua Dosa Byotrol, best used for sanitising external surfaces of foodservice equipment
- Byotrol combines cationic biocides and hydrophobic polymers within a colloidal suspension, which we call an Amphicelle™.
- This Amphicelle™ structure differs from those of biocides in simple solutions and optimizes the performance of the biocides in both wet and dry conditions.
- Due to the large molecular elements that form part of the Amphicelle™ the biocides are held in situ in a stable state giving excellent residual efficacy after drying.
- Byotrol technology binds biocides together to create a physical and chemical attack on microorganisms. The unique Amphicelle™ structure harnesses the power of surface tension to tear the cell structures apart and then the biocides complete the kill.
- The Amphicelle™ structure has the additional benefit of helping the biocides to work when they are dry, extending the antimicrobial effect of Byotrol for up to 6 hours on hands and 24 hours on surfaces.